Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The shortshort story of amazing times, shitty things and endings

This post is without pictures because
1) A few days ago Nick went swimming for half an hour with my memorystick in his pocket.
2) My computer most likely died a few minutes ago (still have the pictures though, but can't look at them) 

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but: I'm at Zanzibar! Again. Again again.
Left Arusha Thursday two weeks ago to maybe possibly meet up with Nick Without A Phone (also known as Nick The Giraffe Kisser) somewhere someplace at some day in Dar. And I found him!
Have been at Zanzibar since that Friday, and have spent lots and lots of time in Stone Town ("jambojambomusic? jambo, jambo bwana, habari gani, nzuri sana", "4scarf10dollaryes,goodpricegoodpricemyfriend", "yestaxi?"), we went to Prison Island (which has never been a prison) and fed giant tortoises, spent a few days at Jambiani at the east coast, went on a spice tour, and Kendwa. And then Nick left....SO I'm back at Kendwa to spend my last days in Africa on getting tanned (so I don't have to when I go to Italy in a week and a half). A bit bored from being here, as I've been here a million times before, but it's still quite nice, and I'm very torn between wanting to go home and not wanting my trip to end. Flying home Sunday night, so will stay here until then. I think.

Will add pictures either when I get home, or if my computer decides to play Jesus, and come alive again after some days.

1 comment:

  1. er du hjemme yet? eller, du flyr vel ut i dag, og inn i morgen..
    gleder meg til å snakke med deg, og høre mye mer om alt i hop!
    klem!

    ReplyDelete