Monday, July 4, 2011

A few pictures against all odds

I repel electronic devices. During this trip my phone has died, my camera backlight stopped working, my memoristick drowned (ok, that was Nick, not me) and my computer has refused to start. In other words, only my mp3 player has survived...so far.
Anyhow my computer did decide to play Jesus and come alive again. But a few days after I came home (oh right, I'm HOME for those who didn't know that yet) it said "disc crash". Turned out, it was no disc crash, but a virus. So I drove it off to get fixed, and will know if I have anything left in a few weeks time. Good thing I got dvd backups of all of my pictures and most of other peoples pictures. Of course, my dvd-burner didn't get through the trip unharmed either, so not ALL the pictures were burned to the dvd successfully. Well, at least I have most of it, and who knows, I might get it all back. Time and computer geeks (thank god for computer geeks) will show.
I'm off to Italy tomorrow (yay!), and will be back next monday to write some final blogentries about my trip.
In the meantime, enjoy some of the pictures from my last few weeks at Zanzibar:

Nick + cocktail at Africa House

me + cocktail at Africa House


Forodhani foodmarket. "This octopus, this shrimp, lobster, kingfish, snapper..." I've been there so much I could start my own company as a guide there

Nick: "if we have the fan on the mosquitoes will stay away" Yeah right, 300 bites, none of them on Nick.

Feeding giant tortoises!


Public transport rules. Not so fun waiting 2 hours, but still. Cheap!


Me + colobus monkey

More public transport. This was before they dropped lots of wood on my neck.

Jealous?

Party at the beach!

danes

Mistah lovah lovah, I went to a SHAGGY concert inside the Old Fort.

The day I was supposed to tan..................

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered your blog :) And for the first time I REALLY want to go to Africa! Your blog is great.

    ReplyDelete